GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW General
Thread: Current State of VOW
Post by: Bret Hart(73101)
2007-01-19 20:41:41
I hate to say it, but I'm going to and I hope that Peter will see this. I think that if there are others who notice this problem then you need to speak up!

I don't know what is causing the lack of VWOs, but I'm guessing it's because of the age cap, but it could just be a very dry period for VOW. All I know is that it doesn't seem that we're getting any new VWOs either. I sign on and it's hard just to get rid of my daily ap, which I never had a problem doing before! I usually just have to catch a regular on that will help me waste ap like Maddogg, Vex, Dyna Mike Duncan, Methos and a very small amount of others. I mean I do not want to complain, but I think that changes are in order. I mean I do not even see how this current state of VOW would be profitable to Peter... I can't buy ap because I can't even get rid of what I have daily.

Again, I am not complaining. I'm just expressing my concern, because I love to play VOW and I would hate to see it die out.
Post by: suepahfly(59692)
2007-01-19 22:07:53
Perhaps some sort of BOT would come in handy? Someone you can fight whenever you feel like.
It should cost some money to fight him, or double amouth of AP perhaps? And the winnings should be the same as normal.

Or perhaps just a free one, with double AP cost to challenge him. Then there will just be no money gain but there will be some damage of course.
No staff (no docs either) allowed agianst the BOT would be nice too...

And perhaps instead of the gold cost, you can bid money on yourself before entering the fight. Winning = money*1,5 (you win half the amouth you placed as bid) and Loosing = Money*0 (you loose all of the money you bid)
You can't fight BOTs that are UNDER your league, ever. Only those above you, and the higher you go, the bigger the challenge, the lower the costs?
Or the higher you go, the higher the winnings? Perhaps Money*2 up to Money*5 for the extremily hard ones?

It's just a tought that crossed my mind the other day. And it fits perfectly in this thread ;)
No copyright, so do with it as you please ;)

cheers
2007-01-19 22:59:53
That might be a good idea, I like the bidding part especially! But there should be a limit of times to fight the bot per day, or else everyone will just fight the bot and not each other.
Post by: suepahfly(59692)
2007-01-19 23:13:05
well, i don't think a limit, but rather a lower amouth of "prizes" or higher damage-possibility. Or just the higher costs to challenge them.

That way people might consider fighting players instead of bot's.

Or from the moment you fight a bot, you will be attacked by a bot with the same stats as you (50-50 chance of winning) every day. Like the Book Of Blood in SfP. Once you sign it, you can't go back :)
Post by: yar(35506)
2007-01-20 00:40:15
Or you could send DARKLORD a single lol I am on everyday:)
Post by: Captain Stupendous(38517)
2007-01-20 03:07:59
Hmmm... I think you have a short memory, Benoit. During my first retirement run (before the stat cap/aging and before the introduction of the VWO league), I also had to rely upon "regulars" to hand me out matches. Thanks for jobbing to me so much during those times, by the way!

I don't believe it's a problem with VOW... but I do believe that the dearth in matches is a characteristic of the "end game".
Post by: denzil(82151)
2007-01-20 11:37:35
players have seen what can be done and can and try to emulate joker bubba and others. The problem is these boys did it all in the good old days. so now new rules throughts and trends are coming into vow. like hitting the cap and off to the legend list. no one apart from kish is pushing on. your char gets slowly killed off but the expert to ask would be kish him self about the ageing for him.

in some other postes about getting bounuses for legends i have asked about bots. as well Ray as thought about making the legend list tuffer. i agrea 100% it should be for say 3 to 5 time legends or any one that goes over 10000 exp. the list is too big and i my self dont belive i desurv to be on it at least till i go threw a few more times.

Bots. its a mirra of your char. same moves same fame same ap. lol. 50% match turn over. could help sswo and vets.

Bounuses for legends.
let them start there own style. let them name it. say to do this ya have to be a 5 time legend for a start.
Then give them a set move list of say 11 moves. Peters call on how many. Then give them min stat points base of 25 and then let them set there own max for each stat. con will be at max any way so its a no brainer. This way they can make a style to suit. you would have to make a top end stat cap for these legends. so for eg ya can not have 100 stat in air for a starting char.. this is just to add some flexabilaty to the char.

AS well how about 5 time legends can or do not age so they can just keep this char. i dont know if ya have to set a exp cap if needed. but i am sure some players just get sick of restarting all the time. I know joker is. he could have gone legend at 4000 exp. but he realy can not be stuffed going threw the ranks. so what to do to keep legends in game. or do ya just let them leave and say thanks for the good times bud. i have seen this happen allready. EG.BA
Post by: m_carta(37500)
2007-01-20 13:53:55
If you want to keep your AP total low and not spend so much time waiting for another VWO to log on, just send out as many challenges as you can to anyone you can think of. At least one or two will always accept. Give it a go first; it will keep VOW from dying out.

"The lack of VWOs" is not an anomaly. It's because VWO is the elite league in this game, the result of splitting SSWOs into two leagues. VWO will always have the smallest number of players compared to the other leagues, because so few make it there.
2007-01-20 23:52:24
"If you want to keep your AP total low and not spend so much time waiting for another VWO to log on, just send out as many challenges as you can to anyone you can think of. At least one or two will always accept. Give it a go first; it will keep VOW from dying out."

There's one flaw in your idea here. You see, I'm usually ALWAYs in a tournament. This would cost me tournament matches and or cause me to full staff players in regular matches.

Also, I really like your idea Denzil. That would add another dimension of strategy with legends setting their own stats.
Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2007-01-21 01:31:08
Perhaps give legends the basic 13 moves, then let them choose from any 3 out of the move pool? Giving them a choice of any 5 makes them too powerful for LAWs to handle.

Bots: Like the idea, but surely they should be the same as any similar player? Have a diminishing AP amount, meaning that you would have to find other players to fight.
Post by: Syrjis(80123)
2007-01-21 03:42:09
"There's one flaw in your idea here. You see, I'm usually ALWAYs in a tournament. This would cost me tournament matches and or cause me to full staff players in regular matches."

Staffing is cool and underrated. Just try it. I bet you like it.

And the reason I'm not retiring is I don't feel like throwing away almost 2 years of work for the "incredible" leg-end "bonus" of +1. Which appears randomly..

EDIT:

And oh, I'm accepting all challenges.
Post by: m_carta(37500)
2007-01-21 05:09:41
"If you want to keep your AP total low and not spend so much time waiting for another VWO to log on, just send out as many challenges as you can to anyone you can think of. At least one or two will always accept. Give it a go first; it will keep VOW from dying out."

There's one flaw in your idea here. You see, I'm usually ALWAYs in a tournament. This would cost me tournament matches and or cause me to full staff players in regular matches.

-----

Ah, my mistake. It's your own fault then why you have an AP problem.

You can always go docs2 in the tournaments. That should give you ample opportunity to make use of your AP.

Post by: the k(38357)
2007-01-22 15:37:15
don't use any docs at all and you won't ever complain about havin' too much AP ever again.
Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2007-01-22 20:51:29
Or just restrict yourself to singles like the majority of the population.
2007-01-23 11:13:32
Okays. 3 moves. Set your own stats. Name your own char style. All good. So what about a min set fame for the Gods of vow? Say 750 to 1000 fame for G.O.V.

So do ya get an exp cap or a stat cap for the G.O.V. you will need some thing to keep it from getting silly. Lol I am thinking a stat cap but this is only my choice.

Then there is Bots. Let’s see. What sort of bots are there. Bots that are 50 exp below you and bots that go way above you in exp. All matches should only give 3 exp as a max total against bots. What about a bot that is the same as a different player. But you will only ever get 1 exp off it. But when he logs on its player vs. player. Bots can use any staff they like too. Staff is underrated. Lol. This will make ya spend AP! I am sure ya can work out a better bot them my self.

So what else can we ask for for the legends? There is talk of a new legends list! Do you make it a 3 time legends list or 4 or 5? I am on the list. How ever I don’t really see it as much as a big deal as the old boys with 3 to 5 time legends stats. I see the first time round as a learning curve and the second time around as time to experiment and test. 3 times around it should be down pat.

Hee He

Denzil
Post by: word life 101(66857)
2007-01-23 11:17:34
yeh... i should really start using only docs 2 in torunies to get some money... you basically lose money in healing for each tourney win
2007-01-23 12:29:54
being a Aussie we all love to bet. so super fly was saying about betting on a match. you dont bet your own money. you bet your winnings. so its play hard for good pay or sit back broke and figger out where your next $ is comeing from. a choice of betting or just winnings. its all based on your fame of course. if you bet ya can get up to 50% better payout. makes those lms matchs look nice now?! He.

So what about a new tourny match. you enter just like the others but it runs every 2 weeks. the match is totaly random. if you get booted to bad. thats how the other tounys work. the world belt is nice but it favers singles experts with subs and pins. lets see a true randum touny.

Denzil
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21813
Logout