You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW General
Thread: And Brian Allan
Post by: Deadman Inc(93629)
2006-02-27 13:41:50
Retires, I'm shocked and I dont like it at all why Brian why? the age thing huh you were the man, man
Post by: Brian Allan(45150)
2006-02-27 15:00:47
To be honest with ya... I never expected it either. There's been some changes lately that have made huge impacts within VOW. The legend bonus getting reduced (and a lot of people not being happy with it which is totally understandable) and the newly implemented aging factor.

The first obviously never had any effect on me, even though I felt sorry for the people that worked so hard only to retire and get a measly 1+ damage bonus for their efforts. The aging implementation had the biggest effect, bigger than I ever thought it would be. With Peter taking the top 21 players in experince and resetting their con to 131... that alone was the biggest blow, as that took away 31 con points and a big chunk of work.

Being the stubborn guy that I am though I said I'd continue on... it was not until I checked out my max that my con was sitting at a lowly 90 cut off point. That, and losing one con point earlier, I finally realized that sooner or later I was going to hit this point sooner or later, so I did what had to be done. Retire out on top while I still could.

I know a lot of people are happy that I finally retired and I can understand why, but this was never out of choice... in the end it was forced. I'm not one to cry over spilt milk though, but this was the case. As they say though... all eras come to an end, and it was time for the self proclaimed "excellence era" to finally come to it's own end. I enjoyed my time at the top even though I know others didn't like it but I'm the type of guy never to take anythin to heart anyway. We all have our views and opinions but we just get on with it. That's always been my way at least.

In the end though I guess we all move on and I'll still be around. So I'll see ya on VOW when I see ya. Cheers. ;)
Post by: Dinkus_Warrior(50201)
2006-02-27 19:16:27
As with my stable leader here, BA, I too have reluctantly pressed that "legends of VOW" button and retired. Due to this whole new stat cap thing that took me out behind the barn and didn't even have the decentcy to buy me dinner first, I too would have ended up with the same fate as BA...but now I am back with the laws who don't understand that saying no to docs only means you decline the match, and not acept it.

nubs
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21813
Logout