You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW General
Thread: Bring back the mods
Post by: madeles(83025)
2006-02-11 23:01:59
I personally feel that since the chat moderators were scrapped, vow has become a free-for-all. I know many people will say that this is a good thing but I have to disagree. No one seems to take note of the rules unless Hick or Peter are online and it makes the experience of playing the game less enjoyable.

Peter, please, bring back the mods! I'd personally like to be considered for a position should they arise. Thankss again. James.
Post by: Version 1(166974)
2006-02-11 23:04:41
Bring back mods, but only good ones.
Post by: jmallonee(34807)
2006-02-11 23:05:42
It is true. since the Mods have been disbanded the atmosphere of vow has deteriated. bring back the mods and while you are at it bring back the legends bonus.
Post by: yar(35506)
2006-02-11 23:14:27
The situation really has become unbearable, people cheating has increased, offensive language has increased, etc...
The rules are in place to ensure everyones gaming happiness. and without authority there is no rules, obviously if your in chat for any length of time. I report ALL rule violations as i see them, but sometimes it takes days for HB to log in and take care of the problem, and when their is someone in chat disrupting the whole vow community and something needs done, there is no one their to do anything, and what is worse the offenders know this, and it is my guess, they think i will do what ever i want and suffer the consequenses later if anyone even reports me!
When i was a mod everyone except for a few felt i was a fair mod, and when i made a mistake i would usually apologize, cause the thing is mods are not perfect, they make bad decisions from time to time, they are human. but the few mistakes they have made when compared to the disaray of vow chat currents, is well worth it, atleast you knew something would be done, so i say bring back the mods train them if you have to but we need someone there to take care of the situations when they get out of hand
2006-02-11 23:19:28
I don't think Hick Bob is dedicated enough. He should be demoted.
2006-02-11 23:55:48
How can people expect Hick bob to deal with everyithing himself. I myself have only ever had one incident with the mods, it was dealt with and that's fine. We need more people to have the power to enforce the rules of the game or a lot of the veterins will leave. This is my fear because when i first started playing vow, it was a nice place. Troublemakers were dealt with by the mods but now there's just HB and Peter and how they can be expected to deal with everything that's reported quickly is beyond me.
2006-02-12 00:18:44
There was a time before there was a hick bob and thats when I enjoyed VOW more. People are too bitchy and tight now.
Post by: ricklax313(83849)
2006-02-12 17:20:12
I agree that mods should be brought back. The way the chat has gotten has become erratic. People spamming the chat with begging for a match with 15 straight chat posts is rediculous! People with a lack of any respect chatting on VOW's chat like its a common AOL or Yahoo chat room! I say we take back our chat room and bring back the mods!
2006-02-12 19:48:57
Cheers Danny. And Billy, agreed. It's time the mods came back.
Post by: yadlow2005(86957)
2006-02-14 00:58:04
Anonymous mods would be a god send for chat at the right times...

Therefore when the rules are broken and seen..then that mod can take care of it immediately. But, it might need to be rectified as to what is truly "family" chat or not. Also, more important, security in general would be useful.
2006-02-14 06:33:51
I meant bringing back the mods and letting it be known who they were Spense. See, the thing is if we knew there were mods around, they could deal with anything as you said and it'd be seen to be dealt with. At the moment no one knows what happens.
Post by: Coneman(325)
2006-02-14 19:19:00
But let's say I'm one of the noobs who abuses people...oh look a mods on, might behave myself till they're gone..
Post by: Doug the Designer(55)
2006-02-18 01:38:20
No one will ever be happy with the Mod situation. We tried having identified moderators, and that didn't work because people just target them.

PLIT is primarily a wresting demographic, and as such a lot of the players are just looking for a fight in whatever form they can find it in because that's the kind of behavior that professional wrestling glorifies. People like Version 1 who are constantly abrasive to everyone, skirting the rules so deftly that they never do *quite* enough overtly to get banned. We just don't have the energy anymore to deal with it. From what I hear, half the problems in the chat are from veterans agitating noobs that don't know better, so if you want to defecate in your own house, get used to the stench.

PLIT can never employ moderators that think they know better than the administration, and VOW is just one giant ego-fest. Trust me, anyone that is properly qualified has already been hired and subsequently burned out. There is no one qualified left. If you don't like the chat, turn it off.
Post by: Kueller(13231)
2006-02-18 01:51:51
:O
Post by: Jimmy Snuka(20582)
2006-02-18 01:58:28
WOW Doug, Tell us how you really feel.
Post by: Captain Stupendous(38517)
2006-02-18 05:31:33
I completely agree with the part about certain veterans being abrasive to the newer players. There is no need to be a Rule Nazi or a bully. It really is sad when people use the internet as an outlet for ego mastrubation.

The results of such behavior are two-fold:
1. The noobs are so turned off by their treatment that they never come back to this game.

2. The noobs that stay may then form the opinion that such behavior is acceptable, in the end spawning a horde of brand-NEW jackasses.

In my opinion, people like this are more harmful to VOW than a handful of first-time rule violators and clueless beginners.
Post by: yadlow2005(86957)
2006-02-18 17:34:08
umm just how do you turn off the chat? Doug?

Well, looks like the attitude is if the VOW community will not police it self, then, what the condition is shall remain. Online chat, no matter where it is, becomes a problem as you deal with people who have either esteem issues or ego deficiencies. Welp, this chat is lacking in one command, ignore. It was my most useful command in the chatting circles. If someone bugged you too much, you type that command and you had silence. Sadly, wrestling is mostly to attract the most beligerent of sorts and using ones gifts to communicate is a lost art. So, I repeat my question. How do you turn it off?
Post by: smoke(126548)
2006-02-18 17:44:15
Go to this link; http://accounts.plit.dk/cgi-bin/accounts.pl?_cmd=MA_AccountSettings

And near the bottom it'll say Chat Location, just click the dropdown box and Disable. :D

*Wipes Gumps spit off face* Dis. Gus. Ting.
Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2006-02-18 19:19:40
A large percentage of the VOW community are civilised on the chat, but there is the small percentage that have caused the chat to become nothing more than a ego gathering. There is one person (who I will not name), who goes around and reports people for fun, just because they are a new player and usually don't know the chat etiquette. But when they make a comment that is out of line, he tries to turn the chat on its head, and makes people believe that he was the victim of verbal abuse.

There are also a few players who think that the chat AND the forums are places to post spam - if you want to make unconstructive comments on chat or in the forums, then I wish you would go and do it somewhere else - even this thread has spam in it.
Post by: hopton2004(72600)
2006-03-01 06:40:19
Dest here.

Shame bout the mods and I understand Doug full when he says bout the qualified people and the fact that quite frankly they are burnt out. The amount of reports they have to deal with is probably through the roof.

With all due respect though Doug and Hick still do the best job they can, sure as hell managed to suspend me for two hours this morning! :D

But anyway to all here concerned I all understand your concerns with the abrasive behaviour, egotistical lark, reporting sprees and what is unfortunately called 'n00b picking' all of which is totally irresponsible and disrespectful. I see it almost everyday. :(

The unfortunate fact is that the mods were sick and tired and I can see why. All my thanks go to Hick, Gatch, Doug, Bubba and Leigh among the previous mods for all that they had to deal with, lets hope theres an upturn in fortunes soon.
Post by: m_carta(37500)
2006-03-02 21:08:29
It's better to have the mods remain anonymous.
Post by: denzil(82151)
2007-01-06 21:48:16
this is intresting to see old coments on how vow was and is now with silent mods and its no shock to relize that i was not the first one to get burnt out from all the crap ppl toss at ya. now its fully silent and running smooth what new ideas can ppl come up with today.

Denzil
Post by: Craig(170136)
2007-01-07 02:00:20
MEH get rid of all the mods and let’s just have a free for all, End of the day the mods that are installed are corrupt enough without adding more :)
Post by: suepahfly(59692)
2007-01-07 09:33:18
lol, get rid of the mods!
but then again, my little coussin used to play VOW for a while.
I have no idea if he's still around though. Someone prolly chat-banned him :D

But i wouldn't like him to learn even more dirty words :D

Better keep them mods, don't you agree?
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21813
Logout