WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: General
Thread: hey how about a new colour button!
Post by: jddegraff(43958)
2005-06-17 04:52:19
hey how about a new colour button!

Could we please have our messages we get from the game in red please (oh wait they already are) and the messies we get NOT from the game - for example from our friends who want 2 drop us a line under a seperate button- perhaps a green link? :)

Just thought it was a really cool idea.
Ahh.. could we also have some links INGAME to a noob manual Peter.. Its been requested a number of times and would enable noobs 2 read what they are doing BEFORE they waste all their aps and decide 2 quit.
Post by: Doug the Designer(55)
2005-06-17 09:38:39
Hey, how about a suspension for spamming the forum!!!!!

Now that's an idea I like. Your lucky I don't have time to look you up.
Post by: Doug the Designer(55)
2005-06-17 09:40:34
Your suggestions are valid, but no one will take you seriously when you paper them all over the forum like that.
Post by: Lincoln(27675)
2005-06-17 22:20:50
Alright, here's my opinion on the message thing.

In a word... no.

In more than a word.... if you see a green message for friends, red for the game, what difference will it make? Either way, you will be clicking on messages, and it will take one pageload to give you your message inbox, and another to open the inbox, regardless of whether they are filtered. This is another thing Peter will have to implement, and I'm sorry, but I disagree with you.
Post by: gatcholio(28366)
2005-06-18 07:35:33
It makes no difference what color it is. But I feel this man's pain for other reasons.

It's difficult to mod without the red text "message". I send out warnings, they aren't being read.

I expressed this to Wolverine(1) 6 days ago, but ironically, it hasn't been read.

Peter the other day, mentioned that no ingame manual has been placed there because no one has wrote one. Well, in all due respect, I did write the manual that is on the player pages now, and I've updated it. You can provide an ingame link whenever you have the time. Until then, you can find it on my profile.
Post by: Brian Allan(45150)
2005-06-18 07:48:43
I totally agree with Gatch. It's hard to do our jobs without the message text. As Gatch stated it's not convenient when you send out warnings and such via messages, or any other mod related ones for that matter and the person doesn't read them until hours later on the off chance of actually checking their inbox.

It just makes things more difficult, and to be honest, I've never noticed any change in the server load since the text was disabled. These were meant to get re-enabled last Saturday and it's been a week since then.
Post by: slangi(11441)
2005-06-18 07:55:18
I must concur with these fine 2 gentlemen/mods over here about the message it hasnt really done a thing for the server just made things rougher
2005-06-18 08:06:53
Post retracted
Post by: FloriZeus(7923)
2005-06-18 18:53:50
This is probably an issue not to be discussed in the public forum...:)
2005-06-18 21:40:33
You have a point, but I'm not the only mod concerned. :)
2005-08-22 22:44:55
in reply :

"Hey, how about a suspension for spamming the forum!!!!!

Now that's an idea I like. Your lucky I don't have time to look you up."

"Your suggestions are valid, but no one will take you seriously when you paper them all over the forum like that."

so whats the point of a devlopment and design page? is it a waste of server space? hmmm. it was ORIGANNALY posted in the SC devlopment and design forum by me on

2004-12-24 20:28:13
Edit Post clams brought this up to me at 415 am, so i guess its important.... there needs to be two colors of messies. red for the "from the game" death notices and,say green for the "hey, how are you doin, wanna play twister" messie. when she got bombarded by notorious with 88 messies before they took her down, she realizied there was a problam, and of course loving her soooooo much i thought ide address it for her.

did we get a response? NO! then, gorgy did it again over SIX months later:
Post by: Gorgon(27256)

2005-06-08 13:16:34 before i spamed it(Post by: jddegraff(43958)

2005-06-17 04:52:19 ). I spamed it because nothing was done then, and the standard joke is "if you want a change post in VOW's game forum (its the only game that gets any attention, and i figured that at least there would be SOME type of response). its been a few since i did it, and the whole point is that peter doesn't seem to care what anyone in SC or other games want (he still hasn't replied).

so whats the point of a devlopment and design page? is it a waste of server space? every game has some quirks that come up and need to be dealt with, and one of SC's is the mass messaging problam.

in reply to: "Peter doesn't always reply. He takes note of it, and when he has something to add save a notion of having read it, he will post it.

I'm afraid that this thing is not going to happen though :)"

so whats the point of a devlopment and design page? is it a waste of server space? it shouldn't be just a place to post to hear ourselves think.

i would like to think that if it is a good idea, you'd at least get a response one way or another, otherwise what is the point of posting? to sit and hope one day it gets implented or not? it seems more like neglect than anything else to me. responding and at least saying "hey on the next change we will try it" or "i'll see if we can do it," or SOME type of feedback would be polite, but to be absent from the post all together is irresponsible.

so whats the point of a devlopment and design page? is it a waste of server space? this is not the only sugestion or problam to deal with out there.

I was sentires in SC and you wanna ban me, be my guest. I've quit donating and playing for the most part for this very reason, that no player input is welcome here. the people here are great, but thats the only reason i hang around now, and most of the good ones are leaving for the same reason. we ask for something, and it falls on deaf ears. look at the development and design page for most games and the common theme is "ask and you shall never receive." someone thinks of something to make the game better, and there either is a excuse why it cant be done or it gets ignored entirely. simply stuff, not major game shaking changes (i wont start that problam) but easy fixes to make the game easier and better to play. so ban me and end this pathetic hope that the game will get fixed, so i stop wasting so much time in vain. sentires, out!
Post by: philldodilldo(22259)
2005-08-23 00:16:23
+1 on that sent.
2005-08-23 06:58:45
You hva valid points. The thing is that this idea was proposed, Peter or Doug probably took note of it. Maybe replied, maybe did not. But the fact that Doug got pissed off with the continuous "whining"(allow me to use this term, not negatively meant) about the colour button proves that he noticed it, and noticed it too often.

Conclusion: message got through: it might be useful to have a new colour button

But it is obviously not implemented (yet) because of 1)lack of time 2) lack of necessity 3) other reasons

Finally, Design and Development is indeed made for these questions.

But look up, we are in the General Forum.

So, we are wrong.

Additionally, you posted the same 'demand'(it was no longer a suggestion but turned into a demand) into five or six different forums. A lot of people all read them and got annoyed by them.

Moreover as far as I am concerned, VOW, Gangwar, AF and SfP have no need for such a colour button option(I do not deny the fact that it would certainly be useful in SC) and thus it was I think not correctly done by you to post a post about it in those forums. Unless you can argumentate that ofcourse by your ingame experience for those four games.

Anyway, I hope for you that it happens maybe one day.

Cheers,

I know of quite a few enhancements for AF and SfP, long been proposed(over a year now) which were I believe received well but have not been implemented.

If I were you, I'd regard the five games as an end product with maybe every now and then a change.
2005-08-23 20:43:20
how bout asking for stuff we dont want, maybe if we say we dont want a new color for personal messages and such then it will come into play :)
2005-08-23 22:37:34
vow allready has something along those lines doesnt it? you have a match notice vs a messie in game differance?
Post by: Dinkus_Warrior(50201)
2005-08-24 02:20:27
VOW's match notice is for you to _willingly_ participate in a match, where as in the other games such as SC and GW, there is no consent needed for an attack, therefore not really any need for a notice of "hey, your being attacked right now!" if you can't have a say in it.

When you propose the match and it's answered by the other person, the proposer gets an in-game message of if it was accepted/decline, and if tit was accepted the results of said match. Tourneys are automatically done without consent if you entered, and everyone in the one that runs gets those.

-----
If that is what you mean, then yes, we do have that.
2005-08-24 04:36:12
okey, well imagine if you recieved recieved 80 or so messies at a time and 2-3 were real matches. not to mention what it does to the server.
2005-08-24 05:13:29
And that YOU HAVE A MATCH thing has been there since the practical beginning. :)

We are not saying that your suggestion is not valid! We are saying that we are bored stiff with the same (good) suggestion!

Peter and Doug have noticed it, probably put it on the list of possible improvements, so now be happy.
Post by: insane clown(11577)
2005-08-24 08:00:14
all this from a green link suggestion whats wrong with u people i cant even be arsed to read it and make fun of you all
Post by: the n3w era(30824)
2005-08-27 01:19:27
I dont know why there was such a debate about this

Q . hey how about a new colour button!

A . How about no

Simple answer, saves forum space
2005-08-27 05:51:13
i bet ur one of those vow guys that thinks the forum is lagging vow right... sigh he posted in every forum topic cuz he felt that nobody would respond due to nobody caring, simple as that.
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21813
Logout