Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: General
Thread: PLIT Games Toolbar
Post by: Wolverine(1)
2005-05-02 18:57:27
Hi,

I wanted to learn something about toolbars so I created one for the games.

It only works for the firefox browser. If anyone knows how to make one that works for internet explorer let me know.

It can be downloaded here.

To install it do:
* Save the plitgamestb.xpi program to your harddisk
* go to File - Open File and open the plitgamestb.xpi program
* restart firefox

Easy no ? :)

To Uninstall :
* go to Tools - Extensions and click the plit games toolbar and click uninstall
* restart firefox

I know the toolbar does not have much content at the moment, feel free to suggest whatever you would find cool.

Since my firefox have build in popup blocker and google search field there is really no reason for adding those things.

I am considering making a page where you can get a list of all your game positions, ap status and unread game messages. It is however probably insecure to store login and password in the toolbar so it will probably require that you type in login and password every time or let your browser remember them.

Let me know what you think of this.

And all you Internet explorer users DOWNLOAD FIREFOX here.

Peter
Post by: Raving Druids(21385)
2005-05-02 19:45:50
Clicking to download the tool bar gives me a screen of garbage...but no download?
2005-05-02 20:54:44
Right click on the link and save the file.

You can probably also save the garbage you see as plitgamestb.xpi

Peter
Post by: Raving Druids(21385)
2005-05-03 02:13:02
Ok....got it now...Nice work.

Not sure how useful it is - I already have Plit set up as a tabbed option, it is easier to click to that. Link to the forum would be handy.
2005-05-04 13:13:30
Will add the forum link to the toolbar in the weekend.

Probably also some other stuff if I can find the time to get it to work.

Peter
Post by: Crosson(37742)
2005-05-04 14:46:46
too bad i don't use Firefox :( seems like a fun project to do though.
Post by: Brian Allan(45150)
2005-05-06 00:01:30
You can easily download Firefox. I personally think it's much better than ie, I'd highly recommend it.
Post by: Crosson(37742)
2005-05-06 07:21:37
i don't use IE either. And I am very happy with my current browser.
Post by: Kray(52284)
2005-05-06 07:28:00
You use Opera right? I've been told that it is quite good but still isn't a spot on Firefox.
Post by: mob(23502)
2008-01-08 21:38:47
Hi Peter,

The toolbar doesn't work with newer versions of Firefox. Any chance of an update?
Post by: denzil(82151)
2008-01-12 09:20:12
I dont run fire fox because of my screen reader but its a little better now since i have a zoomtext update and its new DLL. It has stuffed google but i can use it in Plit games. I just dont like the new verson of fire fox my self. the prob with fire fox is every time there is a up date all my cool link\apps break. ☻ lol part and parsel of the game and the web i think. might get a apple lol a i mac.
Post by: suepahfly(59692)
2008-01-14 19:12:35
Well, i knew that upgrading firefox would make me unable to go online again :D
SOMETHING on my pc did it for IE a year ago and MSN half a year ago.
But i did it anyway, cause BEN convinced me and... BAM, no more internet for the fly.

So i decided to clean up my pc after a year (lol) and all 3 are working again now :)

But i still can't use the toolbar with the new version :)
It only works on 1.0 and Petey, we're waaay aheah of that now :D

PS: i'd love 1 toolbar per game or so. Most things would be VoW-related anyway, as usual... So i'd love one for SfP :D

Or just a login-spot with a dropdown menu with the games to choose from or so...

PS: we're still waiting on the 2 secret locations in AF. i just tought i'd remind you with that ;)
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21813
Logout