GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: General
Thread: The Stat Cap
Post by: tbragu(97303)
2006-03-01 16:23:12
Within a space of two days, two of the older players in the game where literally forced to retire, and another quit, and that is all that I know of at this point, but I am sure there are more. This is due to the aging, and the stat cap.

I understand that at the end of the day, the game needs to be competetive, and I am all for that. But, at the same time, people should not be punished for taking advantage of what was put in front of them. In VOW 1, there was no retirement at all. In version 2, retirement was put in as an option, but was never forced. Now, it is forced completely. People have no option to retire, it is race to get all the moves as soon as possible, and then retire, without being able to enjoy having all the moves for very long.

I feel that there were better ways to go about this. A true stat cap was one, or many other things, they were brought up in the original thread on this a long time ago. Clearly, they were ignored, in favor of punishing the people who love this game, and chose not to retire.

Then, to finish the insult of this, the legend bonus is still reduced, taking away the main reason to retire. This is plain wrong. No comprimise was made, it was simple, punish people who played for a while.

Now, the legend list will grow, and a lot of the people who would cry out "when will you retire BA" or fill in the name of another person, will get there way. But, that list is a joke now. The true legends are going to leave, trust me on this. It has already started. Anymore, that list is just going to be of nearly everyone. How can there be a list of legends, when everyone will have to retire? Get rid of the list, it is empty.
Post by: Kueller(13231)
2006-03-01 21:21:03
I'm staying
Post by: Mad Bear(46310)
2006-03-02 06:45:51
More games to play than VOW...but I'll stay.
Post by: Coneman(325)
2006-03-02 13:04:42
Oh wow Scorp = all VOW needs... :D

I'll stay and play half-assed like I have been for the last few months.. :)

Post by: Kueller(13231)
2006-03-02 19:50:47
well no, but he said "all the true legends will leave". With me staying, this clearly is not true
Post by: tbragu(97303)
2006-03-03 18:20:41
I was angry when I first put this up, but what i meant, and still mean is that retirement isn't an option anymore, it is forced on everyone.

Maybe the best answer is to allow retirement at the stat cap point, and if you have all the moves, you would enter the legend list. Don't know, just thinking on that one.

Forced retirement however, is still wrong.
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21813
Logout